Diary: Today's Class

In Today's class we practiced the relative clause. In this case it was

An architect is a person who designs buildings.

A computer is something I use that helps me write emails or create plans for class.

We were using them in a way to help define words that the student might not know. You go into a store and you might need an item and you don't know what it is called. These structures will help you become more flexible with speaking.

I need something that will clean dirty floors.

Do you need a broom? A mop?

I need the thing that I can use to present my PowerPoint.

It's not always perfectly clear what you might want, but it limits the answer to something very specific. I don't need a toothbrush to present my PowerPoint! I probably need a

1) Computer
2) Projector

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary

Compound Sentences